W’re back in our new and improved studio now with a desk. This week, we talk about the slight delay for the previous episode, follow up on last week’s SOPA and MegaUpload stories, Windows 8 upcoming beta and future, Ubuntu 12.04′s HUD nonsense HUD interface, iPad Jailbreaking and more! Ryan had a little cold during the show, so prepare for some sniffles.
- Twitter Now Able To Censor Tweets, If Required By Law, On A Country-By-Country Basis
- FBI releases plans to monitor social networks
- Hawaii may keep track of all Web sites visited
- Hawaiian politician backs away from Web dossier law
- MegaUpload Users Plan to Sue the FBI over Lost Files
- Why a SOPA Version of the Canadian Copyright Bill Could Target YouTube
- Windows 8 to boast instant-on WiFi & mobile broadband support
- Windows Store apps for Windows 8 detailed, restricted to five PCs at a time
- Apple working to adopt 802.11ac 5G Gigabit WiFi this year
- Mozilla releases Rust 0.1, the language that will eventually usurp Firefox’s C++
- Jailbreaking Could Soon Become Illegal Again
- Jailbreaking Is Not A Crime: Tell the Copyright Office to Free Your Devices!
- Apple Kills the Textbook with iBooks 2, iBooks Author
- HUD in Ubuntu v12.04 to eventually replace the menu
- Fake iPad 2s made of clay sold at Canadian stores
- Nation’s first Super Wi-Fi network arrives
- RIM Reboots: New CEO, New Board, New Plan to License QNX Software
- Apple ‘Didn’t Bet High Enough’ on China Demand for IPhone 4S, Cook Says
- Virgin America names plane in honor of Steve Jobs
- Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen
- Sources: The Next Xbox Will Play Blu-Ray, May Not Play Used Games (And Will Introduce Kinect 2)
- Google+ Now Open to Teens
And a big happy birthday to Matthew Petschl!