This week Matthew Petschl, fire-wielding extraordinaire, and Ryan Rampersad reveal the third annual Physics Day with dry ice and cannons. In the news, we cover everything Apple: Mountain Lion, iPad 3 and Apple TV. After that, we touch upon two failed announcements, Amazon Prime memberships, solid state limits, improved MySQL performance, the horribly designed Windows 8 logo, and more!
This week, Matthew is hosting a contest. Please take a picture of yourself posing in the famous Steve Jobs Biography portrait image and share it with us. We’ll look over the pictures and you will win an honorable mention on the show and super mega ultra bonus points!
- Mountain Lion Features
- Apple TV taken off store shelves; refresh coming soon?
- Confirmed: iPad 3 Has a 2048×1536 Retina Display
- A really nice graph (Cumulative sales vs Time) – asymco
- SSDs have a ‘bleak’ future, researchers say
- Google TV ‘big announcements’ coming on Monday (updated)
- Nevada Approves Rules for Self-Driving Cars
- MySQL Cluster 7.2 GA Released, Delivers 1 BILLION Queries per Minute
- HP’s Failed Announcement – Over hype on Z1
- AMD pumps extreme performance into mid-range computers with 1-gigahertz Cape Verde graphics chips
- Amazon Is Said to Have Fewer Prime Members Than Estimated
- Microsoft unveils new Metro style logo for Windows 8
- NASA unplugs last mainframe
- Google+ For iPhone Gets Instant Photo & Video Uploads
- RIM: BlackBerry 10 Leaks
- Apple Working with Suppliers on 8-Inch iPad
- Coming in 2012: Firefox for Windows 8′s Metro
- Better Touch Tool